Areas of Practice at Our Boca Raton Family Law Firm
Effective, aggressive representation for clients throughout South Florida
The Law Offices of Schwartz | White is built on the philosophy that we not only take on our clients’ cases — we also take on their lives. Drawing on more than 50 years of combined experience, our goal is to make clients feel confident and secure when we handle their family law issues.
Our professional legal services
We offer knowledgeable, dependable representation in the following practice areas:
- Family law — Our dedicated team handles family law issues for clients throughout Boca Raton and South Florida.
- Divorce — Through litigation and mediation, we focus on achieving our clients’ divorce goals in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County and throughout South Florida.
- High-net-worth divorces — Our firm applies its extensive experience to guide clients toward successful property settlements in high-net-worth divorces, including those of healthcare professionals. We provide effective solutions to complex situations involving division of assets and support and alimony issues.
- Child custody and parenting plans — Our attorneys help parents establish lawful child custody and parenting arrangements.
- Relocation — As divorced parents move on with their lives, the issue of child relocation often arises. We advocate for our clients’ parental rights with cognizance of the children’s best interests.
- Paternity — We guide the mother or the assumed father through the process of proving or disproving paternity. Afterward, we assist with establishing child support and timesharing rights, as appropriate.
- Child support — We help divorcing parents calculate accurate child support payments under Florida’s guidelines.
- Post-judgment modifications and enforcement — If issues arise after the divorce, we guide our clients through post-judgment modifications and enforcement of the terms of the agreement.
- Domestic violence, restraining orders and injunctions — We operate with compassion and discretion as we help victims of domestic violence obtain restraining orders to protect their families.
- Alimony and spousal support — We negotiate an equitable lump-sum or monthly spousal support payment for our clients.
- Parental rights — The state must meet a high burden of proof to terminate parental rights. We demand that our clients’ rights be restored if adequate and irrefutable evidence was not presented or is legally insufficient.
- Cohabitation issues — Although same-sex couples are not permitted to marry under Florida law, we employ other legal methods to protect our clients’ rights, including mediated settlement agreements for domestic partners and/or cohabitating partners who decide to separate.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We understand that a prenuptial or postnuptial contract can be a sensitive topic. Our lawyers negotiate and draft terms that protect and respect both spouses.
- Litigation — Our litigation attorneys doggedly pursue clients’ interests regarding business claims, breaches of contract, mortgages, lien foreclosures, personal property recovery and judgment enforcements.
- Foreclosure defense — We fight to preserve our clients’ rights to their homes through foreclosure defense actions and loan modifications.
Experienced South Florida family law attorneys find solutions for complex legal issues
To learn more about how we can help you resolve complex legal issues, call the Law Offices of Schwartz | White at 561.391.9943 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We serve all of South Florida from our Boca Raton office, conveniently located off I-95 in the Bank of America Building. Free parking is available.