Experienced South Florida Divorce Lawyers Provide Effective Counsel
Skillful Boca Raton firm advises spouses on property and support issues
Ending a marriage presents challenges that can affect every part of your life. It takes an experienced divorce attorney to relieve your burden and resolve disagreements successfully. At the Law Offices of Schwartz | White in Boca Raton, we advise clients throughout South Florida on divorce with the professional skill and service that they deserve during a difficult time. With more than 50 years of combined experience, our lawyers guide clients through each step of marriage dissolution. Our commitment to providing individualized attention means that you will receive effective counsel whether your breakup is amicable or bitter. Throughout the Palm Beach County area, we have achieved strong results for spouses in a wide range of matrimonial cases, including litigation involving high-net-worth couples and asset-division disputes involving professional practices such as doctors’ offices.
Accomplished family advocates handle complex marital disputes
Divorce creates emotional turmoil, but without the right representation, you can also suffer legal and financial harm. To protect you, we take clear, decisive steps on issues involving:
- Property division — We successfully handle the division of assets for divorcing couples under Florida’s equitable distribution standard. This includes finding appropriate arrangements for the allocation of high-value, rare and unique items, including real estate, securities, automobiles, antiques and collectibles.
- Spousal support — Numerous factors, such as the duration of the marriage, affect whether alimony payments will be awarded. Our attorneys examine each individual situation and pursue a fair resolution for payer and recipient spouses.
- Same-sex divorce — While same-sex divorce now follows the same process as other types of marriage dissolution, changes that have occurred in the law over time create specific legal concerns that we can outline for you.
- Representation of healthcare professionals — Across South Florida, we represent medical professionals and their spouses in divorces where the valuation of medical practices, professional licenses and degrees is contested.
- High-net-worth divorce — Our firm understands the special issues that accompany high-profile divorces, and we treat each case with discretion while focusing on delivering a positive outcome.
No matter what your specific objectives are, we will craft a strategy that is calculated to achieve them.
Dedicated attorneys assist parents with custody and child support matters
Our Boca Raton divorce lawyers strive to reduce the stress of divorce on families. We work closely with our clients to determine what is in their children’s best interests and advocate for our clients’ rights on issues involving child custody, support and visitation. In each case, our attorneys argue vigorously to preserve parental rights and the ability for mothers and fathers to maintain strong relationships with their children. Where possible, we look to serve the best interests of children by reaching consensus between parents. If this cannot be accomplished, we litigate to establish appropriate arrangements and guide our clients through the complicated process of calculating and establishing child support payments.
Knowledgeable counselors guide clients through the dissolution process
Fear and uncertainty about the divorce process often prevent spouses from asserting their legal rights. We will give you the information you need to make smart choices about options such as:
- Filing for divorce — Our dedicated team guides clients through the process by explaining how to file for divorce in Palm Beach County and throughout South Florida.
- Divorce litigation — When opposing counsel is unwilling to agree to equitable divorce terms, we aggressively pursue a fair judgment in family court.
- Divorce mediation — Florida law requires divorcing parties to participate in family law mediation. This method of alternative dispute resolution gives clients a meaningful opportunity to reach a settlement agreement while avoiding unnecessary stress and expense.
From start to finish, our lawyers will work diligently and creatively to obtain the best result possible for you.
Learn more from our experienced Palm Beach County divorce attorneys
For answers to your Florida divorce questions, please call the Law Offices of Schwartz | White or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our Boca Raton office. We are conveniently located off I-95 in the Bank of America building. Free parking is available.