Dedicated Help with Divorce Mediation
Boca Raton lawyers guide South Florida clients toward equitable settlements
Florida laws require all divorcing parties to go through mediation with the aim of reaching an agreement outside of the courtroom. Except in situations of abuse, the court orders mediation in all divorce cases before conducting a trial.
The Law Offices of Schwartz | White is highly skilled in mediation techniques. Throughout our more than 50 years of combined practice, our Boca Raton attorneys have helped clients in South Florida reach equitable agreements through this alternative dispute resolution method. We employ our polished negotiating skills and unyielding advocacy for our clients to get the results our clients desire.
Benefits of mediation
Mediation provides many advantages in reaching a divorce settlement. The Law Offices of Schwartz | White helps clients use this method to realize the following benefits:
- Reduced costs — Settling divorce issues through mediation is typically less expensive than trying the case in court.
- Time — Mediation often expedites the divorce process so you can get on with your life.
- Peace of mind — Most people consider the mediation process less stressful than a more formal divorce court proceeding.
- Control — Mediation gives divorcing couples more control over the final terms of their agreement, as opposed to letting a judge make the decisions.
- Cooperation — Parents can begin cooperating during their mediation sessions, starting a process that can help both parents and their children better adjust to the post-divorce environment.
- Binding agreement — The agreement signed at the close of mediation is binding on the parties. If the parties cannot reach an agreement, either party has the right to walk away from the session and proceed to litigation.
How mediation works
Mediation is not about compromising the client’s needs and rights. Rather, the method is based on finding common ground and pursuing the assets and parental rights that mean the most to each party. A trained mediator directs the sessions, which consist of one-on-one meetings with the mediator and negotiating sessions with both spouses and their attorneys. We guide our clients throughout every stage of the process.
Our South Florida divorce lawyers help our clients establish clearly defined goals and participate in pre-mediation strategy sessions so they are prepared. During mediation, we take decisive steps to reach equitable settlement terms. At the end of the session, if successful, both parties sign a Mediation Settlement Agreement, which is incorporated into and made a part of the Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
Consult our experienced Boca Raton attorneys about engaging in successful divorce mediation
To learn more about reaching defined goals through divorce mediation, call the Law Offices of Schwartz | White at 561.391.9943 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We serve all of South Florida from our Boca Raton office, conveniently located off I-95 in the Bank of America Building. Free parking is available.